Embryo adoption is not an easy step to take due to ethical and moral questions or concerns.
3 free consultation sessions with our Family Counsellor help you to understand your feelings better, feel good and normal during treatment.
We completely understand that embryo adoption is not always an easy step to take and that there may be many ethical and moral questions, or concerns along the way. With this in mind we are always here to help.
However, to also ensure that you are fully and professionally supported throughout your treatment we also include up to 3 free consultation sessions with our Family Counsellor Tone Braten, within all embryo adoption programmes. Tone will help you to talk about your concerns and worries and help you to understand the process and normalise your fears. This will enable you to continue with your treatment in a positive and successful way.
In comparison to getting psychologically ready, preparing your body for treatment is a very simple process
However, preparing your body for treatment is actually a very simple process once you have your comprehensive treatment plan from us and preparation can be carried out in your home country meaning that only one visit to us is needed. We always ask for your preferred dates of travel to us and work your treatment plan around these dates, ensuring that you ‘implantation window’ falls during your preferred time of travel to St Petersburg.
- Have a skype consultation with our Family Counsellor
- Finalise your embryo matching through your coordinator
- Phone/skype consultation with our Doctors
- Getting prepared while in your home country
- Your treatment steps in St Petersburg
- Our medical advice and support when you are back home
Have a skype consultation with our Family Counsellor
Tone Braten, Family Counsellor
The goal of counselling is to help you feel less lonely, normalize your feelings and thoughts, and make the treatment easier to go through.
We would like to give you peace of mind and help you to have a good quality of life during treatment.
Finalise your embryo matching through your coordinator
Physical matching of donor embryos
You send your coordinator your questionnaire and photos in the age of 20/30 so that our team can offer you donor embryos that will be the best physical match.
Extended profiles of egg and sperm donors including photos and familial history are now COMPLIMENTARY
NEW! extended profiles of egg donors including photos and familial history are now COMPLIMENTARY
NEW! Now we have the opportunity to offer you donor embryos created with donor sperm from the European Sperm Bank. This means that you can gain access to extended profiles too and have the option of using an open donor.
You confirm you are happy with our embryo proposals and mail this to your personal coordinator with preferred timings for your visit to St Petersburg*.
Phone/skype consultation with our Doctors
90% of your steps leading to a successful embryo donation cycle can be carried out in your home country.
90% of your steps leading to a successful embryo donation cycle can be carried out in your home country by yourself, with distance support from our team and with very little assistance from your local doctor (2 scans and prescription for medication). The successful outcome of this distance embryo donation treatment is based upon detailed collection and accurate interpretation of your medical data.
Would you like to carry out embryo donation treatment with us?
How thoroughly have you filled in your questionnaire? Precise data that you fill in in your questionnaire is the basis of a successful treatment in the future!
Medical consultation via telephone or skype with your Doctor
Your individual treatment plan is based upon the details of your medical history and is created after your Consultation with pour doctor on phone or skype.
- Please fill in the medical questionnaire. Please be very thorough in filling in all the smallest details about your previous medical treatment and fertility investigations as this may affect your future treatment and success rates. If you should have any previous medical notes, or tests results please email these in advance to your coordinator.
- You will have a phone or skype consultation with one of our medical doctors who will analyse your medical history and all relevant information about you, arrange for you to carry out any laboratory tests if they should be required (in your home town). This will enable us to write you the very best and individualised treatment plan that will meet your needs and give you the very best chances of success.
It is very important that you provide us with all of your past medical treatment records and advise us of anything that may affect your treatment and care as this information will enable us to give you the very best medical care and chances of success within your embryo donation programme.
Getting prepared while in your home country
Tell us the timings that work for you to be in St Petersburg and we will write your treatment plan according to these dates.
90% of your steps leading to a successful embryo donation cycle can be carried out in your home country.
Preparing your body for treatment is actually a very simple process once you have your comprehensive treatment plan from us and preparation can be carried out in your home country meaning that only one visit to us is needed.
90% of your steps leading to a successful embryo donation cycle can be carried out in your home country by yourself, with distance support from our team and with very little assistance from your local doctor (2 scans and prescription for medication)
Tell us the timings that work for you to be in St Petersburg and we will write your treatment plan according to these dates and send to you.
We ask for you to book a consultation with your local doctor and print your treatment plan to take to this meeting to show him, or her, how simple the process is. If you do not have a local doctor that can help you please let us know so that we can advise you about doctors that we already collaborate with in your home country and that are happy to help :-)
There is very little medical assistance that you need in your home country:
2 scans and prescription — we provide you with all of the other medical advice that is needed
If your doctor would like to discuss any aspect of your plan with us we will be more than happy to do so, your doctors direct mobile number can always be found at the top of your treatment plan.
When you visit with your own doctor you will need to ask them to carry out the following as in your plan:
- 2 scans of the uterus and the ovaries, carried out on the dates that are in your treatment plan
- Prescription of medication as in your treatment plan
- The listed blood tests within you plan (for both partners if appropriate)
All the laboratory tests we will do for you at our clinic free of charge on the first morning that you arrive in St Petersburg.
We always recommend that you take your blood tests around one month before you attend the clinic to allow for the results to be available and correct any possible problems that are found. We prefer that your doctor send the results direct to us, but if this is a problem and your doctor would rather give them to you to send to us then please feel free to do so.
However, if you feel it is too difficult, or expensive, to have your blood tests carried out in your own country we will be more than happy to do these for you at our clinic free of charge on the first morning that you arrive in St Petersburg.
The following tests are required for all patients and will be listed in your plan for your Doctor to see
The following tests will be required by all patients that are attending for treatment and will also be listed in your treatment plan
For the female
- HIV, Hepatitis B and C, Lues (valid for 3mths)
- Blood Group
- Biochemical Parameters in Blood: Glucose, Kreatinin, Bilirubine, ALAT, ASAT, general protein (valid 1mth)
- Clinical blood count (valid 1mth): Red Blood Cells (RBC); White Blood Cells (WBC) including count of fractions: Lymphocytes, Neutrophils, Basophils, Eosynophils); Haemoglobin
- Bacteriology smear (valid 1mth)
- PAP smear (valid 1 year)
- TSH Prolactin (valid 1 year)
- Please also provide a letter from your General doctor in your home town, which states about your general health and that there are not any reasons why you should not become pregnant, carry a pregnancy, or give birth (Valid 1year)
Your treatment steps in St Petersburg
In your phone/skype consultation with your coordinator and doctor the best schedule in St Petersburg, suitable for your medical situation, will be recommended
You will have to visit St Petersburg just once and stay 2-3 days for collecting your excellent embryo and for receiving all the medical recommendations from our doctors and nurses. In your phone/skype consultation with your coordinator and doctor the best schedule, suitable for your medical situation, will be recommended.
As always we will adjust your plan to the dates that you can take away from work within in limited time line you will:
- Met at the airport by our professional driver
- Seen by our doctor for a scan and medical recommendations
- Explained the results of your eggs, sperms, embryos and genetic testing (if applicable)
- Explained how to keep pregnant and avoid miscarriage.
- Embryo transfer
- ….and the last, but not least told about the best restaurants, sights to be seen and shown around our beautiful city on your free guided tour by our knowledgeable driver
- Returned to the airport in time for your flight home.
Our medical advice and support when you are back home
Whilst in St Petersburg you will be told and taught how to avoid miscarriage and keep your pregnancy!
We are very knowledgeable to the fact that embryo donation pregnancy is more fragile than any other pregnancy in the first 12 weeks (9 weeks after embryo transfer).
Whilst in St Petersburg you will be told and taught how to avoid miscarriage and keep your pregnancy, as we feel that prevention of any problems is more efficient than treatment of any problem that may occur.
Please do not hesitate to contact your coordinator if any medical advice is required in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
After 12 weeks your usual gynaecologist will be able to continue your support in the standard manner of anti-natal care, if however you should have any concerns, or questions please do not hesitate to contact us.