Throughout 20 years of international egg donation practice we have made our egg donation process as simple and as successful as possible. The majority of the steps within your egg donation process you will fulfill while in your home country. We will provide you with step-by-step guidance and consultations by skype/mail/phone. You will arrive to St. Petersburg at final the stage of your egg donation process: your egg donor ready for egg collection, you are ready for implantation.
What is egg donation process for our patients?
- Have a skype consultation with our Family Counsellor
- Finalise your egg donor choice
- Phone/skype consultation with our Doctors
- Your egg donation process while in your home country
- Your egg donation process while in St Petersburg
- Our medical advice and support when you are back home
Have a skype consultation with our Family Counsellor
Have a skype consultation with our Family Counsellor
The goal of counselling is to help you feel less lonely, normalize your feelings and thoughts, and make the treatment easier to go through. We would like to give you peace of mind and help you to have a good quality of life during treatment.
Finalise your egg donor choice
Finalise your egg donor choice and ask us for assistance if you need help
You send your coordinator the listing of the egg donors that you like together with your questionnaire and photos in the age of 20/30 so that we can advise you on:
- An egg donor being the best physical match
- An egg donor having the best medical results and egg donation history
- Availability of your chosen egg donors
You confirm your final egg donor choice and mail this to your personal coordinator with preferred timings for your visit to St Petersburg*.
* If you find it difficult to make your own egg donor choices please let you coordinator know so that our professional egg donor team can assist you with excellent egg donor proposals
Phone/skype consultation with our Doctors
90% of your steps leading to a successful egg donation cycle can be carried out in your home country
90% of your steps leading to a successful egg donation cycle can be carried out in your home country by yourself, with distance support from our team and with very little assistance from your local doctor (2 scans and prescription for medication). The successful outcome of this distance egg donation treatment is based upon detailed collection and accurate interpretation of your medical data.
Would you like to carry out egg donation treatment with us?
How thoroughly have you filled in your questionnaire? Precise data that you fill in in your questionnaire is the basis of a successful treatment in the future!
Medical consultation via telephone or skype with your Doctor:
Your individual treatment plan is based upon the details of your medical history and is created after your Consultation with pour doctor on phone or skype
- Please fill in the medical questionnaire. Please be very thorough in filling in all the smallest details about your previous medical treatment and fertility investigations as this may affect your future treatment and success rates. If you should have any previous medical notes, or tests results please email these in advance to your coordinator.
- You will have a phone or skype consultation with one of our medical doctors who will analyse your medical history and all relevant information about you (and your partner if appropriate), arrange for you to carry out any laboratory tests if they should be required (in your home town). This will enable us to write you the very best and individualised treatment plan that will meet your needs and give you the very best chances of success
It is very important that you provide us with all of your past medical treatment records and advise us of anything that may affect your treatment and care as this information will enable us to give you the very best medical care and chances of success within your egg donation process.
Your egg donation process while in your home country
Tell us the timings that work for you to be in St Petersburg and we will make sure that your body is ready for implantation within this time window
Preparing your body for embryo transfer is actually a very simple process once you have your comprehensive treatment plan from us and preparation can be carried out in your home country meaning that only one visit to us is needed.
90% of your steps of your egg donation process can be carried out in your home country by yourself, with distance support from our team and with very little assistance from your local doctor (2 scans and prescription for medication)
There is very little medical assistance that you need in your home country:
2 scans and prescription — we provide you with all of the other medical advice that is needed
Tell us the timings that work for you to be in St Petersburg and we will arrange your egg donation process accordingly. Your egg donation process will be described in your individual Treatment Plan, which will send to you by mail.
We ask for you to book a consultation with your local doctor and print your treatment plan to take to this meeting to show him, or her, how simple the egg donation process is. If you do not have a local doctor that can help you please let us know so that we can advise you about doctors that we already collaborate with in your home country and that are happy to help you in your egg donation process :-)
If you doctor would like to discuss any aspect of your plan with us we will be more than happy to do so, your doctors direct mobile number can always be found at the top of your treatment plan.
When you visit with your own doctor you will need to ask them to carry out the following as in your plan:
- 2 scans of the uterus and the ovaries, carried out on the dates that are in your treatment plan
- Prescription of medication as in your treatment plan
- The listed blood tests within you plan (for both partners if appropriate)
We always recommend that you take your blood tests around one month before you fly to St. Petersburg to allow for the results to be available and correct any possible problems that are found. We prefer that your doctor send the results direct to us, but if this is a problem and your doctor would rather give them to you to send to us then please feel free to do so.
However, if you feel it is too difficult, or expensive, to have your blood tests carried out in your own country we will be more than happy to do these for you at our clinic free of charge on the first morning that you arrive in St Petersburg.
The following tests are required for all patients and will be listed in your plan for your Doctor to see:
The following tests will be required by all patients that are attending for treatment and will also be listed in your treatment plan
For the female
- HIV, Hepatitis B and C, Lues (valid for 3mths)
- Blood Group
- Biochemical Parameters in Blood: Glucose, Kreatinin, Bilirubine, ALAT, ASAT, general protein (valid 1mth)
- Clinical blood count (valid 1mth): Red Blood Cells (RBC); White Blood Cells (WBC) including count of fractions: Lymphocytes, Neutrophils, Basophils, Eosynophils); Haemoglobin
- Bacteriology smear (valid 1mth)
- PAP smear (valid 1 year)
- TSH Prolactin (valid 1 year)
- Please also provide a letter from your General doctor in your home town, which states about your general health and that there are not any reasons why you should not become pregnant, carry a pregnancy, or give birth (Valid 1year)
For the male (if the sperm of the partner is used)
- HIV, Hepatitis B and C, Lues (valid 3 months).
- Your partner’s sperm must also be tested
Your egg donation process while in St Petersburg
In your phone/skype consultation with your coordinator and doctor the best schedule in St Petersburg, suitable for your medical situation, will be recommended. You will be able to choose the proper timing for your egg donation process according to your convenience
If you are using the sperm of your partner both of you will have to visit St Petersburg just once – he for providing his semen sample for fertilisation or freezing, or both and you for embryo transfer several days or weeks later. The duration of the stay for each of you will is 1-5 days and depend upon the details of your egg donation process. In your phone/skype consultation with your coordinator and doctor the best schedule, suitable for your medical situation, will be recommended.
As always we will adjust your plan to the dates that you can take away from work within your chosen time frame you will be:
- Met at the airport by our professional driver
- Seen by our doctor for a scan and medical recommendations
- Explained the results of your eggs, sperms, embryos and genetic testing (if applicable)
- Explained how to keep pregnant and avoid miscarriage.
- Embryo transfer
- … and the last, but not least told about the best restaurants, sights to be seen and shown around our beautiful city on your free guided tour by our knowledgeable driver
- Returned to the airport in time for your flight home.
Our medical advice and support when you are back home will continue your egg donation process
Whilst in St Petersburg you will be told and taught how to avoid miscarriage and keep your pregnancy!
We are very knowledgeable to the fact that egg donation pregnancy is more fragile than any other pregnancy in the first 12 weeks (9 weeks after embryo transfer).
Whilst in St Petersburg you will be told and taught how to avoid miscarriage and keep your pregnancy, as we feel that prevention of any problems is more efficient than treatment of any problem that may occur.
Please do not hesitate to contact your coordinator if any medical advice is required in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
After 12 weeks your usual gynaecologist will be able to continue your support in the standard manner of anti-natal care, if however you should have any concerns, or questions please do not hesitate to contact us.