How do we screen our potential egg donors? At our clinic we carry out precise and in-depth checks of all prospective egg donors. The potential egg donors are young, fit, good-looking, intelligent women that are all aged below 32yrs old.
They have children themselves who are equally as fit and well, they also possess exemplary medical and laboratory records and an ideal follicular reserve. In addition, their mental and psychological health is tested and they are fully prepared emotionally for the responsibility needed for egg donation and becoming and egg donor.
We always carry out a comprehensive medical evaluation of donors which allows us to supply you with the most superior eggs and the greatest opportunity to succeed.
How egg donors are screened?
According to Russian law and in compliance with the recommendations of ESHRE and ASRM (the American Society for Reproductive Medicine), ovum donors in our clinic undergo the following tests:
- Assessment of general abilities and intellectual capacity of a candidate;
- Common health history
- Reproductive history/gynaecology
- Genetic history
- Ultrasound examination of ovaries and uterus
- HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C (every 3 months)
- Chromosome screening
- Clinical blood test: Haemoglobin, RBC (red blood cells), and WBC (white blood cells including the count of their fractions i.e. (lymphocytes, neutrophils, basophils, eosinophils) (every month)
- Clinical urine test
- Biochemical blood test (liver and kidney values, sugar, protein) (every month)
- Blood coagulation (every month)
- Electrocardiography (every year)
- Lung X-ray (every year)
- Cytology smear (every year)
- Bacteriology smear (every month)
- Smears for genital infections (chlamydia and others) (every 6 months)
- Annual appointment with general practitioner.
- Annual appointment with psychiatrist.
To view each of our egg donors data in full detail please request access to our egg donor database so that you can read their medical and family histories as well as their personal motivational letters, view childhood egg donor's photos and read their personal profiles